Amphetamines (including Methamphetamine & Ecstasy), Cocaine (Cocaine/Cocaine Metabolites, Opiates (Codeine, Morphine, Heroin Metabolite), Phencyclidine, and Marijuana (THC Metabolite)
HairConfirm Business is a multi-drug hair follicle test that you collect to detect up to 5 of the most popular drugs of abuse up to 90 days prior. With this simple hair collection kit, the procedure is easy: the collector has to take a hair sample (1.5 in, no less than 1/2 an inch), completely fill out the Custody and Control Form, and mail it all to the laboratory for analysis using the pre-paid envelope provided. After a few business days, you can log on to a secure website to obtain your results.
Each test kit includes:
- 1 easy to read instruction booklet (please read carefully before taking hair sample)
- 1 hair specimen transport foil piece
- 1 specimen ID card
- 1 hair specimen envelope
- 1 clear pouch
- 1 prepaid envelope (within the U.S.A. Only)
**However, you will need scissors, a hair clip, and some alcohol wipes to operate this test.
Some advantages of using this hair follicle test include:
- 100% confidentiality
- Free Collection Training Guide
- Detailed analysis of drug history including assessment to identify whether the user is a low (occasional), medium (weekend/daily), or high (constant) user excluding marijuana.
- Accredited Laboratory - Your sample will be tested using Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS) before it is reviewed and approved by Ph.D. staff scientists at a lab that is CAP accredited, CLIA, and ISO Certified.
- You will be able to see the results in 2 or 3 business days.
If you are a business, using a hair drug test could prevent drug abusers from being employed. Many employers are getting more concerned with the possibility of their employees using drugs and are adopting new test methods such as the HairConfirm Business testing kit that offers 90 day hair analysis. By doing a hair test for drugs, companies may reduce the costs of having the employees performing a urine or saliva test on a regular basis.
Why should you use the hair follicle test method?
- It's almost impossible to cheat (the next best thing to a blood test)
- You can detect around 90 days back (depending on head or body sample)
- Users can't use a special shampoo to taint it
- No false positives (if the person gives the excuse of second-hand smoke)
HairConfirm Business can detect multiple uses over time, which is very useful information when compared to standard urine testing which can detect a single use. Although, there are some factors that may affect how far back a hair drug test can detect. Hair from the body seems to give a longer time than from the head when using a hair test for drugs. Metabolism plays a big part as well as the type of drugs consumed, the amount of drugs ingested, and their potency. And let's not forget the frequency of use as well. With all these factors in mind and depending on the person, drugs can stay in a hair follicle up to 4 months, on average.
Although they tend to grow at the same rate, the actual differences between head and body hair are that a sample from the body tends to stop growing at a shorter length. Although using that type of specimen with a hair test for drugs would give you the possibility of going back farther than 90 days while head hair can give you up to 90 days. In both head and body, new hair replaces dormant strands and pushes them out. When new hair grows, it takes with it any evidence of drug usage. When a hair strand is not growing (otherwise dormant), that particular sample will stop showing any new evidence of drug usage. Should that be the case, it would be advised to gather a fresh sample to re-submit the hair drug test.