Alco-Screen® - Saliva Alcohol Test Kit
The concentration of alcohol in saliva is comparable to that of blood. The Alco-Screen alcohol test is a quick method to positively identify the presence of alcohol in saliva for blood alcohol concentrations. A simple color chart will allow you to determine a person's blood alcohol concentration ranging from 0.02% to 0.30%. For accurate results, do not place anything in the mouth for 15 minutes prior to taking the test.
- Alco-Screen Saliva Tests Are Disposable
- Alco-Screen Comes In A Box Of 24 Tests
- Great Alcohol Test For BAC Detection
- Effective Zero Tolerance Test
- Alco-Screen Is Very Affordable
- Alco-Screen Detects Alcohol In Some Fluids
- Fast - Alcohol Test Results In 2 Minutes.
- Uses Saliva To Test Blood Alcohol Levels.
- An Easy To Use Alcohol Test.
- Indicates Blood Alcohol Levels From 0.02% To 0.30%
The Alco-Screen alcohol tester can also be used for detecting the presence of alcohol in other fluids - such as a can of soda pop. A very useful feature for parents, high school counselors or any adult who supervises teenage activities.
The blood alcohol concentration at which a person becomes impaired is variable, dependent upon the individual. Specific parameters such as gender, physical size, weight, activity level, eating habits and alcohol tolerance all affect the level of impairment of an individual. In general the human body processes alcohol in 4 to 6 hours.
Alcohol plays an important and integral part in almost every society in the world. While not all alcohol usage is problematic, alcohol remains the most abused drug in history. In the United States, alcohol plays a part in half the automobile fatalities and nearly half of all industrial accidents.
For employers, alcohol abuse accounts for two thirds of all substance abuse complaints and depletes a similar percentage from the health care benefit budgets of American companies. While the responsible, adult use of alcohol has its appropriate place in our society, an increasing number of public safety officials, corporate officers and small business managers are concerned about problems with alcohol abuse in the workplace and in public places, particularly when the substance abuser is in control of a vehicle or heavy equipment.
As a result, there is a demand for more effective detection of alcohol impairment, where possible, or of blood alcohol content (BAC) in individuals engaged in work or driving
Alco-Screen Test Procedure
1. Abstain from placing anything in the mouth for fifteen (15) minutes prior to beginning the test. This includes non-alcoholic drinks, tobacco products, coffee, breath mints, food, etc.
2. Open the foil package and remove the alcohol test strip. Observe the reactive pad on the end of the alcohol test strip. The pad should be a light cream color. A alcohol test strip with a regent pad which is dark tan color or otherwise discolored must be discarded.
3. Saturate the reactive pad end of stick with saliva from mouth or sputum cup. Immediately start timer. Remove alcohol test pad/stick from mouth and wait two minutes.
4. At two minutes observe the color changes (if any) in the reactive pad. A color change of green or blue indicates the presence of alcohol and a positive result. Alcohol test results obtained after more than 2 minutes and 30 seconds my be erroneous. Compare test pad with the color chart printed on the back panel of foil package. Within 15 seconds choose the closest color match to estimate the alcohol concentration.
Test For Forensic use, professional use, or investigational use only.
Alco-Screen Test Instructions